San Fernando Pioneer Memorial Cemetery is a preservation project of the San Fernando Valley Historical Society. Established in 1874, it is the second oldest cemetery and the first non-denominational burial ground in the San Fernando Valley.
Among the buried are prominent local pioneers and five Civil War veterans.
Located at the corner of Foothill Boulevard and Bledsoe Street in Sylmar, the 3.8 acre site is operated entirely by volunteers and donations.
Open houses with free tours are held on the third Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. to Noon, rain or shine. The public is invited to visit and assist with maintenance and plot care.
Generously Sponsored by the Sylmar Neighborhood Council.
Third Saturdays of every month, 9 a.m. - Noon (rain or shine)
Group tours & historical research are by appointment.
14451 Bledsoe Street, Sylmar (Corner of Foothill & Bledsoe)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7039, Mission Hills, CA 91346-7039
818-365-5860 or 818-970-1286
Admission is free. Donations are appreciated
San Fernando Pioneer Memorial Cemetery became California State Historical Landmark No. 753 in 1961.
San Fernando Pioneer Memorial Cemetery became City of Los Angeles Cultural-Historic Landmark No. 586 in 1993.